15 Rupi Kaur Powerful Quotes Every Girl Needs to Read – I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about poetry that Rupi Kaur has written so that’s one of the reasons I went to a bookshop and tried to find her book.
The first book of her I read was Milk and Honey. She told me a lot about the experience of femininity, love, loss, also violence. It just opened my eyes. I feel in love with the way she delivered messages through words that beautifully-and-dangerously written.
Read also: 11 Most Creative Bookstagrammers to Follow in 2018
After that, I knew that she had her newest poetry book published then I just felt like I need to have one on my bookshelf. Her second book is The Sun and Her Flowers. It’s a transcendent journey about falling, rising, blooming, healing, and loving ourselves more.
It’s a winner of Goodreads Choice Award 2017. Surprisingly, I didn’t really into this book because for me personally, the previous one is better.
However, I need to thank her for let me drown in her exploration. Well, actually, these are Rupi Kaur powerful quotes I’d like to share to every girl in the world.
15 Rupi Kaur Powerful Quotes Every Girl Needs to Read
I didn’t leave because
I stopped loving you,
I left because the longer
I stayed the less I loved myself
The kindest words my father said to me
Women like you drown oceans
how you love yourself is
how you teach others
to love you
the world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it
– there is nothing purer than that
you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first
You do not just wake up and become the butterfly”
– Growth is a process.
a daughter should
not have to
beg her father
for a relationship
he only whispers i love you as he slips his hands down the waistband of your pants. this is where you must understand the difference between want and need—you may want that boy but you certainly don’t need him
other women’s bodies
are not our battlegrounds
you must enter a relationship with yourself before anyone else
learning to not envy
someone else’s blessings
is what grace looks like
it is possible
to hate and love someone
at the same time
i do it to myself
you deserve to be completely found in your surroundings not lost within them
the day you have everything
i hope you remember
when you had nothing
i am learning
how to love him
by loving myself
More articles from me, read here!
[BOOK REVIEW] Milk and Honey Karya Rupi Kaur Versi Bahasa Indonesia
1. 7 Rekomendasi Toko Buku Favorit Buat Beli Buku Online
2. Apa Itu Bookstagram dan Bagaimana Cara Membuatnya?
3. Apa Itu Books Aficionado?
4. Q&A: 15 Fun Facts about Me and My Bookstagram @sintiawithbooks
5. 11 Most Creative Bookstagrammers to Follow in 2018
6. 30 Bookstagram Terms You Should Know
7. 20 Inspirasi Rainbow Bookshelf di Bookstagram yang Bikin Betah Baca Buku Seharian
8. Pengalaman Borong Buku di Big Bad Wolf Jakarta (Bonus: 5 Tips Biar Enggak Kalap)
9. 5 Buku Favorit yang Bikin Saya Jatuh Cinta dengan Dunia Anak-anak
10. Rainbow Bookshelf: Menata Buku-buku pada Rak Seperti Warna Pelangi
11. 5 Teknik Meningkatkan Engagement Bookstagram Lewat Pemberian Komentar
12. 30+ Most Popular Bookstagram Hashtags to Increase Your Followers
13. 7 Tips Meningkatkan Follower Bookstagram untuk Pemula
14. 3 Penulis Teenlit Favorit yang Novelnya Bikin Kangen Masa SMA
15. [BOOK REVIEW] Gadis Daun Jeruk, Si Pengingat Mimpi
16. 7 Benda yang Bisa Kamu Jadikan Pembatas Buku
17. Pengalaman Mengirim Buku Gratis Lewat Kantor Pos Setiap Tanggal 17
“you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first”
Omg this is so great! I get curious about Rupi Kaur..thanks for sharing! Surely will be my next wishlist book?
Absolutely. Her words are magic. You should read her book. 😀